Sunday 3 May 2009

Reflection on the "BLACK BOX" Lecture



The image I have chosen from the thesis work is the watercolour image from project five by using shadow as repetition. By only looking at the shape of the building, it may not be the most impressed work among all the projects being showed in the lecture. However, it is the most interesting one in my eye, because it playful uses the shadow and repetition to create the beauty. I am really appreciated author’s drawing skill and level of creativity. Though the building don’t have those very sticking shape and very intricate shapes, overall expression is very neat and clean which make people feel the sense of calm. Using of dim blue colour create the similar atmosphere as in the early morning which can pop out the elegant of the building.


In my work, I tried to apply my personal thoughts and opinions taken from this work and create two laboratories and a meeting point for my two chosen clients. I tried to maintain the architectural consistent between two clients by the repetition using of grid. I applied the similar pattern to create the unity of the model and avoid of being too messy. In the processing of the final model, I tend to introduce the sense of civil morning twilight in the model which can make it more interesting by playing with the bright and darkness.




No comments:

Post a Comment